Raw Materials — key for innovation and growth in the Post-COVID-19 world
EIT RawMaterials Baltic Sea team is happy to invite you to the Stakeholder Day that will take place on 16 September at 9:30-12:45 EET. This year we go online and live broadcast the Stakeholder Day to you, providing an opportunity to get exclusive insight into the innovative core of our industry.
At the online webinar, we give the stage to leading innovators, entrepreneurs, and top-level educators in our community in the Baltic Sea region. We want to inspire people to create thriving new businesses, learn about new innovations and look beyond industry borders. The theme of the event is Raw Materials — key for innovation and growth in the Post-COVID-19 world.
Agenda 16 September
9.30 Welcome and introduction
- Olli Salmi, Managing Director at EIT RawMaterials Innovation Hub Baltic Sea
- Bernd Schäfer, CEO and Managing Director at EIT RawMaterials
9.40 Importance of raw materials in the European industrial value chains
- Matti Hietanen, CEO at Finnish Minerals Group
- Kaj Jansson, Director at Metso Outotec
- Rose-Marie Yttergren, Head of Project Management office at Höganäs
10.30 How to commercialize research results
- Tarja Laitinen, Head of Research Area at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Juha Kaija, Senior Specialist at the Geological Survey of Finland
11.00 What are the skills needed in making the European Green Deal?
- Riina Salmimies, Dean at Lappeenranta University of Technology School of Engineering Science
- Michael Hitch, Dean at Tallinn University of Technology
- Jari Koskinen, Professor at Aalto University
11.45 Scaling up agile and sustainable innovations
- Nanopow — Transforming silicon powder into Li-ion batteries and cells
- Viezo — Vibration energy harvesting for heavy duty machines
- 3D Strong — Breakpoint in the 3D printing industry – new additives triple durability
- Fractuscan — Drone assisted fracture analytics
- Kierto Ympäristöpalvelu — Innovative hazardous waste utilization solutions
12.45 Conclusions and next steps
Looking forward to welcoming you to the Innovation Hub Baltic Sea Stakeholder Day!