Lighthouses are large-scale and long-term innovation initiatives that address critical and specific raw materials challenges for Europe. They provide guidance for innovation projects that create smart solutions along the entire raw materials value chain for a sustainable future.
Lighthouses are mission approaches to innovation and education challenges, directly steering EIT RawMaterials activities towards the achievement of its strategic objectives:
- Securing Raw Materials Supply: collaborating across the whole industrial value chain
- Designing Materials Solutions: for materials innovation, products and processes
- Closing Materials Loops: a radical shift from linear to circular thinking
NEWS: READ THE LATEST ON ENERGY TRANSITION AND LIGHTHOUSES
- Expert Forum on Sustainable Materials for Future Mobility. Electrification & Lightweight Design
7-9 October 2019 in Turin, Italy
- Launch Event: Sustainable Discovery and Supply Lighthouse
28-29 October 2019 in Levi, Finland
Lighthouses will be implemented through operational actions such as innovation projects (KAVAs), matchmaking events and business support activities as well as
- Strategic actions in close coordination with external stakeholders
- The European Commission
- National initiatives and cross-KIC initiatives
Implementation of the Lighthouses will be facilitated by allocating a portion of EIT RawMaterials resources to them, and by supporting partners to develop their innovation activities accordingly.