EIT RawMaterials provides funding and entrepreneurship coaching to early-stage start-ups, with a focus on idea-to-market/early-stage start-ups with relevance for the partners (first customer).
Business Creation and Acceleration activities are aimed at transforming innovative ideas and projects into new business for existing companies (large and small) as well as through the creation of start-ups and spin-offs. The activities include:
- EIT Jumpstarter (former Business Idea Competition) – aims at supporting and developing idea holders and research teams turning ideas into business models. The Jumpstarter can assist idea holders that are just getting their ideas off the ground.
- Start-up and SME Booster – supports promising Start-ups and SMEs at regional Innovation Hubs (Co-Location Centres) to validate their business models and connects with the networks of partners.
- RawMaterials Accelerator – RM Accelerator activities improve the success rate of market entry of scalable start-ups, focusing on addressing market risk. The Accelerator also includes coaching and instructions on a pan-European level to partners of the EIT RawMaterials. RM Accelerator supports scientists, researchers and entrepreneurs in developing their concepts for raw materials innovations into market-ready products and services.
- Create and develop new game-changing business across Europe
- Fast track start-ups and support the commercialization of business ideas
- Encourage exchange and networking across different disciplines and businesses
- Create new entrepreneurial education approaches
- Provide funding to boost innovation from ideas to commercialization
Thematic scope of our work
EIT RawMaterials focuses on metal and mineral raw materials. Bio-based and polymer materials are covered in view of their potential as a substitute material. Other materials are also considered in the context of multi-material product recycling. As a result of our broad membership base, EIT RawMaterials has the flexibility to address critical as well as non-critical raw materials.