Scale up your business with EIT RawMaterials
Does your Start-up or SME offer sustainable solutions for the raw materials sector? Apply to the Booster Call to get financial support of up to EUR 200 000 and access to the EIT RawMaterials partner network to scale up.
EIT RawMaterials Booster supports start-ups and SMEs developing innovative products and services that can impact in the raw materials sector or benefit our partners.
Besides funding and customised services, the selected start-ups and SMEs will also join the EIT RawMaterials partner network to participate in our networking events and gain visibility through EIT RawMaterials network channels. Supported start-ups and SMEs may join our network as an associate or full members to benefit from the ecosystem fully.
Booster Call provides established companies with support to:
- speed up a technology challenge to bring your solution closer to the market
- accelerate market entry by dedicating financial resources for a specific segment or target market
- facilitate product portfolio diversification, enabling product adaption or new product features to address a concrete market need
Booster Call 2023 is open throughout the year. For the sake of clarity and to ensure a smooth selection and operational progress of the selected startups and SMEs, we have four cut-off dates for proposal submission. The application deadline is 23 October 2023.
The transition to net-carbon-neutrality and technology-driven innovation, in the context of the EU Green Deal, means an unprecedented increase in demand for critical and strategic raw materials. Innovations such as electric vehicles, solar panels, and wind turbines rely on a sustainable supply of critical raw materials. These can include lithium, cobalt, magnesium, copper, and rare earth elements.
This is why EIT RawMaterials is constantly working to discover start-ups with most disruptive and groundbreaking products and services addressing challenges across the raw materials value chain, from deep tech solutions for mineral exploration, mining and processing to substitution and recycling of battery materials and novel approaches to offset carbon footprint.
Booster Call supports new businesses sharing our vision to develop raw materials into a major strength for Europe.
Technologies and solutions for improved and new mineral exploration
Technologies and solutions for more efficient, responsible and sustainable modern mining
Mineral and metallurgical processes
Technologies and solutions for mineral and metal processing and for improved materials production
Technologies and solutions for materials supply from secondary sources and recycling
Substitution of critical and toxic materials in products and for optimised performance
New technologies or services that make it possible to substitute or use lower quantities of critical or toxic materials in key industries
Solutions and business models implementing circular economy concepts
In this Booster Call 2023, EIT RawMaterials seeks companies developing solutions in the thematic scope of three Lighthouses:
How to apply
Please find the details about the EIT RawMaterials Booster Call application process:
- EIT RawMaterials Booster Call 2023 Guidelines (incl. eligibility criteria, terms and conditions, award criteria, funding)
- EIT RawMaterials Booster Call 2023: Template for cost estimate, revenue projections, activities & milestones
- EIT RawMaterials Booster Call 2023: Financial Estimate
Please fill out the requested templates and submit them following the external link below.
Apply for the Booster Call funding by 23 October 2023, 17:00 CET (the fourth cut-off date).
For more information
To get in touch with your regional EIT RawMaterials Innovation Hub, please check the list of Hubs and countries covered by them:
- Innovation Hub Baltic Sea: Finland, Southern Sweden, Norway and the Baltic States
- Innovation Hub Central and West: Belgium, The Netherlands, United Kingdom, North-Western Germany, France, Southern Germany, Switzerland and Portugal
- Innovation Hub East: Poland, Eastern Germany, Slovenia, Croatia, Austria, Greece, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czechia, Hungary, Ukraine, Serbia, Republic of North Macedonia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania
- Innovation Hub North: Northern Sweden, Denmark, Ireland and Norway
- Innovation Hub South: Spain, Italy, Israel
Applicants belonging to countries not listed should contact the nearest Innovation Hub.