Project duration: 1 April 2017 – 31 March 2020
The solution (technology)
The UpDeep consortium increases co-operation between geochemical exploration industry in Europe. Geochemical, exploration, data analysis and data interpretation expertise are being shared in the UpDeep consortium by engaging every partner to participate in every WP. The strength of the UpDeep consortium is the wide cross-disciplinary project group which allows application of very specific knowledge fields (geochemical expertise, mineral exploration expertise, data analysis, data analysis pipelining) into the establishment of geochemical exploration business in Europe. The co-operation with world-leading experts will be revived during the project as subcontracting of educational services in surface geochemical data interpretation thus increasing the awareness of European exploration research activities outside of Europe. On EU level the outcome of the project – a new exploration toolset – may on the long run lead to discoveries of mineralizations and consequently boosted the raw material self-sufficiency, industrial competitiveness, outside investments and new jobs especially to remote areas of EU.
- Geologian tutkimuskeskus, GTK (Geological Survey of Finland), Finland (Lead Partner)
- Ab Scandinavian Geopool Ltd, Finland
- Bureau de Recherches Géologiques et Minières, BRGM (The French geological survey), France
- Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland, GEUS, Denmark
- Spinverse Innovation Management Oy, Finland
- Technische Universitaet Wien (Vienna University of Technology), Austria
- Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT (Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd. VTT), Finland
For more information, please visit the official website of the project.