Project duration: 1 May 2016 – 31 December 2018
Implement and test integrated monitoring and control products and services for minerals calcination processes in relevant applications in the Minerals and Raw Materials Industry.
The solution (technology)
A novel online analyzer for kaolin characterization, monitoring and control algorithms for calciner across the whole production value chain based on ore mineralogy, and an integrated mine big data bank. The solution will be further enhanced in the MONICALC by the flexible energy delivery system from the gasifier being able to use renewable energy raw materials.
- Outotec Oyj, Finland (Lead Partner)
- Aalto University, Finland
- Imerys Minerals Ltd., France
- Predict, France
- Technische Universiteit Delft (Delft University of Technology), the Netherlands
- University of Exeter CSM, United Kingdom
Learn more about the MONICALC project here.