01 March 2016 – 31 December 2018
The idea in the Factory is to create a virtual working space, where individuals and organisations can test and share their ideas on how to advance material efficiency and circular economy by creating different types of computational models and solutions and to validate them against real provided scientific, industrial and environmental data. This project will support models in different levels of details like in materials level, component level and systems level. Both commercial and free modelling tools can be used in the Factory.
The solution (technology)
The outcome of the activity is an Open Modelling Factory where different computational tools of KIC partners can be used as plug-ins. The idea is to harvest different types of relevant tools and models of the partners, assess their integration possibilities and implement the most relevant bridges. The goal is to have an impact on developing new insights into obtaining, using, and recovering materials, and creating fertile ground for new innovative business start-ups to be formed and new product ideas also from large companies to have faster product design cycles.
- Aalto-Korkeakoulusaatio (Aalto University), Finland
- Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation, Spain
- IVL Svenska Miljoeinstitutet AB (IVL Swedish Environmental Research lnstitute), Sweden
- Katholieke Universiteit te Leuven (KU Leuven), Belgium
- Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, KTH (Royal Institute of Technology), Sweden
- Mondragon Corporation S. Coop., Spain
- Outotec Oy, Finland
- Sandvik AB, Sweden
- Tecnalia Ventures, S.L., Sociedad Unipersonal, Spain
- Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT (Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd. VTT), Finland