Project duration: 1 January 2016 – 31 December 2018
This project aims at implementing a long-term self-sustainable excellence network dedicated to providing services to customers for the implementation of innovative, sustainable business and cooperation models for recycling and/or exploitation of raw materials from end-of-life products, as well as supporting companies and to facilitate the exploitation of European secondary resources via collaboration (software, databases, competences, infrastructures, instrumentation, best practices, etc.) implementing industrial symbiosis and the circular economy.
The solution (technology)
Offering guidance to local and regional authorities in planning new industrial parks or revitalizing existing areas for higher level of resource efficiency and harmonised national waste strategies.
- Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT (Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd. VTT), Finland (Lead Partner)
- Aalto-Korkeakoulusaatio (Aalto University), Finland
- Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation, Spain
- Instytut Metali Niezelaznych, IMN (Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals), Poland
- IVL Svenska Miljoeinstitutet AB (IVL Swedish Environmental Research lnstitute), Sweden
- Katholieke Universiteit te Leuven (KU Leuven), Belgium
- Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Luleå University of Technology (LTU), Sweden
- Outotec Oy, Finland
- Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen (RWTH Aachen) Germany
- Vlaamse Instelling voor Technologisch Onderzoek NV – (Flemish Institute for Technological Research NV VITO), Belgium
For more information, please visit project website.