Project duration: 1 January 2020 – 31 December 2021
Mining machinery is strategic for mining and critical in terms of occupational health of the workers. SAFEME4MINE is a preventive maintenance system of mining machinery focused on safety devices. The project will develop a system (software-based solution and a measurement toolkit). Together with a precise inspection procedure, the system will give as result recommendations and corrective measures contributing to the overall maintenance strategy.
The solution (technology)
SAFEME4MINE project is born to answer the needs of mine safety, thanks to the development and implementation of an innovative maintenance system on safety devices of mining machinery that will enable mining operation with superior safety performance. SAFEME4MINE will develop an innovative integrated system consisting on a platform that combines cloud, edge and IoT technologies to collect, process and report data about the safety devices of mining machinery and includes a tool-kit to be used by supervisors and technician during the inspection phases to identify most critical elements to be inspected and to report results of on-field verifications.
This is a challenge to overcome because nowadays preventive maintenance strategies of this type of machinery do not consider worker integrity, although it is affecting the production and the efficiency of resources invested. Current maintenance programmes just test the functional conditions of the machinery, not taking into account employee safety.
- Epiroc Drilling Tools AB, Sweden
- Bruno Kessler Institute, Italy
- Hub Innovazione Trentino – Fondazione (HIT), Italy
- Magnesitas Navarras S.A., Spain
- Mine Master Sp. z o.o., Poland
- Wroclaw University of Science and Technology (WUST), Poland
- Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg (TUBAF), Germany
- Technical University of Madrid (Lead Partner), Spain