Project duration: 1 April 2018 – 30 June 2021
RESEERVE is mapping the mineral sources of the six ESEE countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro and North Macedonia, currently not included in the existing data platforms. The main project outcome is the creation of the West Balkan Mineral Register for primary and secondary mineral resources. The register will be a starting point to integrate the region into pan-European Minerals Intelligence Network and bring it closer to the common minerals market.
The solution (technology)
The RESEERVE project is presenting the first step in the implementation of the EIT RawMaterials RIS strategy to establish fruitful collaboration amongst countries where there are no EIT RawMaterials partners yet, to extend the geographical reach to ESEE region through the following achievements:
- Created West Balkan Mineral Register for primary and secondary mineral resources by mapping the mineral resources of the West Balkan countries: Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Albania, which are currently not included in the existing data platforms.
- Created ESEE mineral community to determine available and further needed information on primary and secondary mineral resources data in West Balkan countries.
- Increased capacity of West Balkan countries for management of mineral resources on a national level.
- Ensured sufficient flow of information on mineral resources for Europe’s industry to expand their business and investments in the West Balkan region.
- Transferred knowledge of EIT RawMaterials partners to the West Balkan region with the purpose to develop new markets for modern technologies, create opportunities for start‐ups and SMEs, contribute to new jobs opportunities and generate economic added value in the field of mineral resources.
- Geological Survey of Slovenia (GeoZS), Slovenia (Lead Partner)
- DMT GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece
- University of Zagreb – Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering, Croatia
- Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria
- Bureau de Recherches Géologiques et Minières – BRGM (The French Geological Survey), France
- Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland (GEUS), Denmark
- Croatian Geological Survey, Croatia
- Geological Survey of Albania, Albania
- Geological Survey of Montenegro (GSM), Montenegro
- University of Belgrade – Faculty of Mining and Geology, Serbia
- Geological Survey of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Macedonian Ecological Society, North Macedonia
- Geological Survey of the Republic of Srpska, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Learn more about RESEERVE and the West Balkan Mineral Register of primary and secondary raw materials on the project website.