Project duration: 1 January 2016 – 31 December 2018
The PreFlex NoI aims to boost innovation in the raw materials sector through collaboration by establishing a Europe-wide network that hives the infrastructure and skills regarding “Pre-treatment and Physical separation”. The PreFlex Network of Infrastructure (NoI) offers easy access to infrastructure where clients can benefit from optimal equipment choices provided by all partners in the network.
The solution (technology)
The PreFlex network will provide tailored solutions to industrial stakeholders to find optimum valorization routes for complex, low-grade ores and residues. The infrastructure of the network includes equipment at lab and pilot scale and supporting modelling tools.
- Flemish Institute for Technological Research NV (VITO), Belgium (Lead Partner)
- Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, CSIC (Spanish National Research Council), Spain
- Bureau de Recherches Géologiques et Minières, BRGM (The French Geological Survey), France
- Centre de Recherches Métallurgiques asbl (CRM Group), Belgium
- Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf e.V. (HZDR), Germany
- Outotec Oy, Finland
- Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen, RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg (TUBAF, Freiberg University of Mining and Technology), Germany
- Université de Liège (University of Liege), Belgium
For more information, please visit the project website.