Project duration: 1 February 2016 – 31 December 2018
Product Centric Recycling is a Network of Infrastructure aiming to implement a long-term self-sustainable excellence Network dedicated to provide services to external customers for the development and implementation of sustainable ready to market technology solutions for the product centric recycling of raw materials from Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE).
Consortium assures almost complete territorial coverage along Europe, as well as technologies and matrix/elements coverage in the recycling value chain of targeted WEEE (PCBs, lighting devices, permanent magnets, LCD flat screens).
Main customers of the network will be European SMEs, but also LE and education organization, in order to assure also indirect benefits for the KIC, leveraging effect on other KAVAs (up-scaling, education).
The solution (technology)
PCRec is a Network of Infrastructure dedicated to product centric recycling, mainly focused on printed circuit boards, lighting devices, LCD flat screens, permanent magnets. The infrastructures cover six areas of recycling: Characterisation, Pre-Treatment, Materials Recovery, Environmental assessment, Business plan
- Agenzia Nazionale per le Nuove tecnologie, l‘Energia e lo Sviluppo Economico Sostenible (ENEA), Italy (Lead partner)
- University of Limerick (UL), Ireland
- National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece
- Bay Zoltan, Hungary
- Vlaamse Instelling voor Technologisch Onderzoek NV (VITO), Belgium
- Institute for non-ferrous metal (IMN), Poland
- Commissariat a l‘Energìe Atomique et Aux enegies Alternatives (CEA), France
- Swedish Environmental Research Institute (IVL), Sweden
- Centro Nazionale Ricerche (CNR), Italy
- Mineral and Energy Economy Research Institute of the Polish Acadamy of Sciences (MEERI), Poland
- RELIGHT, Italy
- Centrum Kooperacji Recyklingu (CKR), Poland
- CEINNMAT, Spain