Project duration: 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2021
The motivation for this project is the urgent need to improve the performance and overall efficiency of machinery used in the processing of raw materials. It is inspired by the positive results obtained from a number of previous projects focused on the research aspect and innovations developed by consortium members with respect to machine maintenance and failure prediction.
The solution (technology)
The project focuses on the development of a combined monitoring and diagnostic system to improve operation monitoring of mining mineral and crushing machines – a critical element of the production chain. This new product will lead to cost-saving extended maintenance intervals and increased operational availability. The proposed solution is based on updating existing monitoring systems, retrofitting of some new components and fusion of available data to assure high-performance data processing for reliable maintenance decision. The smart solution utilizes digital technologies with big data handling and decision making intelligence. Safety of the system is increased due to the reduced amount of unexpected failures of machine components, and in addition, the project offers an educational view in the terms of several MSc-thesis.
- Tampere University, Finland (Lead Partner)
- AMEplus Sp. z o.o., Poland
- KGHM Cuprum sp. z o.o. Centrum Badawczo-Rozwojowe (KGHM Cuprum Ltd. Research & Development Centre), Poland
- KGHM Polska Miedz Spólka Akcyjna, Poland
- Metso Minerals Oy, Finland
- Politechnika Wroclawska (Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, WUST), Poland