Project duration: 1 January 2018 – 31 March 2019
The MORAMA project focus on identification, promotion, and definition of collaboration opportunities between European Raw Material start-ups, SMEs and Up-scaling projects on one side, and Mexico’s raw materials industry needs on the other side. A strategic alliance with one of the most relevant research institutions in Mexico, CIDESI, and all its ecosystem, will be the key path to access to these local opportunities.
Mexico is considered to be a high potential market for raw materials, especially in the mining industry (Mexico has a strong mining industry, part of it supplying to European companies) and in composite materials supply chain and life cycle (to support European companies installed in Mexico and requiring composite materials, especially aeronautics and automotive industries).
The solution (technology)
To do so, MORAMA will organise 2 matchmaking events where selected Raw Materials initiatives, already boosted by the community, will meet the Mexican ecosystem (companies, investors, research organisations, universities), to identify and promote collaboration opportunities, and define a strategic collaboration roadmap, always observing the interests of the EIT RawMaterials partners.
The MORAMA project is aligned with and will strengthen other larger European initiatives in the region, such as TREE or ELAN projects and the EU-Latin American dialogue on raw materials and the development of an EU-Latin American mineral materials development platform.
- Tecnalia Ventures, S.L., Sociedad Unipersonal, Spain (Lead partner)
- Centro de Ingeniería y Desarrollo Industrial (CIDESI), Mexico
- Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation, Spain
- Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd. (VTT), Spain
- Trinity Dublin College – The Provost, Fellows, Foundation Scholars, and the other members of Board, of the College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin, Ireland