Project duration: 1 January 2016 – 31 December 2018
The main objective of the project is to use Petrit-T, a high-quality industrial by-product from sponge iron manufacturing with little current utilization, as an inorganic binder raw material to yield geopolymer-based materials. This ceramic-like material has multiple uses in many applications including concrete elements, foamed concrete, thermal insulation material, and as a low-temperature ceramic.
- Höganäs AB, Sweden (Lead Partner)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven), Belgium
- University of Oulu, Finland
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Finland
- Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute (ZAG), Slovenia