Project duration: 1 April 2016 – 31 December 2018
The project aims to reduce the number of vehicle fires with 20% and minimize standstill due to vehicle fires, by analysing results from earlier inspections, incidents and fires and automatically integrating the knowledge into future inspections.
The solution (technology)
The solution is a digital system which consists of two parts – an inspection tool and a knowledge-based research database, allowing experiences from earlier inspections, research project results, occurred incidents and fires and fire safety information from manufacturers to be used as input back to the inspection tool.
- RISE Research Institutes of Sweden AB, Sweden (Lead Partner)
- Agio System & Kompetens, Sweden
- Aptum, Sweden
- Boliden AB, Sweden
- DMT Group, Germany
- LKAB, Sweden
- Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
- Lundin Mining Corporation (Zinkgruvan mine), Sweden
- Mandalay Resources (Björkdal mine), Sweden
- SICS Swedish ICT Västerås (Part of RISE), Sweden
- SMP Swedish Machinery Testing Institute (Part of RISE), Sweden
- SP Technical Research Institute of Sweden (Part of RISE), Sweden