Project duration: 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2021
Establishing a network of academic, research and industrial partners with common interest in drilling-related technologies and drilling test sites, addressing a set of five project specific tasks that aims to provide a state-of-the-art overview of drilling-related equipment, drilling test sites, and a coordination tool (database) that provides information on available instrumentation to the drilling community, as well as serving as springboard for the established network to conduct cooperative projects involving drilling-related technologies and test sites (open to incorporation of new partners).
The solution (technology)
Establishing a prototype for a drilling-related database, that can serve the community with information on drilling-related equipment, drilling test sites, and services offered by small and medium enterprises (SMEs) to the larger drilling community. Preparation for a KIC upscaling project, that considers the integration and testing of latest drilling technologies, through the establishment of a specified test site.
- Uppsala Universitet (Uppsala University), Sweden (Lead Partner)
- Atlas Copco Rock Drills AB, Sweden
- CBI Betonginstitutet AB, Sweden
- Geologian tutkimuskeskus, GTK (Geological Survey of Finland), Finland
- Luleå University of Technology (LTU), Sweden
- Lund University, Sweden
- Luossavaara-Kiirunavaara AB (LKAB), Sweden
- RISE Research Institutes of Sweden Holding AB, Sweden
- Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg (TUBAF), Germany
For more information, please visit the official website of the project.