Project duration: 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2021
Traditional materials development and implementation, which are still practised in the industry is a very time-consuming trial and error process. Moreover, the conventional duplex stainless steels are excellent structural materials, but their lifetime at intermediate temperatures is limited due to embrittlement.
The solution (technology)
By applying an innovative design methodology an alloy solution has been developed that mitigates this problem, with duplex stainless steel lifetime increasing six-fold. The next step in this project is to upscale the alloy solution into a highly competitive product for applications such as chemical and nuclear power industries.
- Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, KTH (Royal Institute of Technology), Sweden (Lead Partner)
- Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives, CEA (French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission), France
- HiMat Engineering AB, Sweden
- Outokumpu Oyj, Finland
- Outokumpu Stainless AB, Sweden
- Outokumpu Stainless Oy, Finland