Project duration: 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2021
Corrosion is the most important materials failure mechanism in the industry and annually responsible for the costs amounting approximately to 2 trillion €. In this project, corrosion on-line monitoring and prediction software tools are developed to respond to the needs of raw materials industry. The market potential of the tools lies in all industry sectors facing challenges with materials durability operating in harsh conditions.
The solution (technology)
The corrosion on-line monitoring and prediction software tools provide the raw materials sector with a footstep towards digitalization. Another large progress is the link to artificial intelligence (AI); here, it is used in the computational modelling, yet remote collection of on-line monitoring data allows for the hidden causalities in the project conditions (e.g., mineral quality in hydrometallurgy) and the detected corrosion rate to be disclosed with the aid of AI.
- Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT (Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd. VTT), Finland (Lead Partner)
- Boliden Harjavalta Oy, Finland
- Data Measuring Systems DMS d.o.o. Golnik, Slovenia
- Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation, Spain
- HiMat Engineering AB, Sweden
- Outokumpu Stainless AB, Sweden
- Outotec (Finland) Oy, Finland
- Zavod za gradbenistvo Slovenije, ZAG (Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute), Slovenia