Project duration: 1 January 2016– 31 December 2018
BioFlex is a network of infrastructure (NoI) bringing together biometallurgy related infrastructure.
BioFlex aims to bring together partners with infrastructure and expertise in biometallurgy. Biometallurgy includes bioleaching of metals from ores and waste, biosorption of metals from liquid streams, bioprecipitation of metals and bio-electrochemistry of metals. BioFlex operates within the ZeroWaste cluster of Networks of Infrastructure.
The solution (technology)
There is a need for a one-stop-shop for infrastructure and expertise related to different types of metallurgy, including biometallurgy.
- Ghent University, Belgium (Lead Partner)
- University of Liege, Belgium
- KU Leuven, Belgium
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Germany
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd, Finland
- RISE Holding (RISE Research Institutes of Sweden), Sweden
- Bay Zoltan, Hungary
For more information, please check the project website.