Project duration: 1 September 2019 – 31 December 2022
The 3D ACCELERATOR-AMASI project develops a virtual learning environment for Additive Manufacturing. The mainstream education system is insufficient in supporting industry with the skills needed to implement the technology. The environment is built to let all stakeholders, from business to R&D, to benefit from the training. The main target is to increase the knowledge in companies, to allow a technological revolution to become the new reality.
The solution (technology)
The development of additive manufacturing in industry will require strong input from three areas: materials producers, equipment producers and manufacturers of equipment using metal parts. Any learning process needs to include aspects from all these three areas, and the knowhow and input from actors in materials and equipment manufacturing industries are crucial for the learning on engineers in the user industries.
- Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd. VTT, Finland (Lead Partner)
- Aalto University, Finland
- Centre de Recherches Métallurgiques asbl (CRM Group), Belgium
- KU Leuven, Belgium
- Kemira Oyj, Finland
- Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology, Finland
- Metso Minerals Oy, Finland
- UAV Autosystems Hovering Solutions España, S.L., Spain
For more information, please visit the project web page.