Make your future lighter
The Lightweighting Professional programme is an international, modular training programme developed by leading European lightweight material experts. It delivers high quality content and ready-to-use practical knowledge. Participants will experience an open atmosphere with the opportunity for exchange with other participants and industrial branches.
This course begins on 7 February 2022. Learn how to identify and differentiate the crucial steps for the development of a lightweight product, from the initial requirement list and the general solutions to the overall design and product documentation.
After successful completion of the basic level »Introductory Module« (IM) of the lightweight professional training courses, participants are able to:
- Identify and differentiate the different steps in the process to develop a product in order to critically assess the advantages and disadvantages of lightweight design for specific cases and different materials.
- Identify company key figures and components to develop products using lightweight approach (designers, buyers).
- Environmental impact of lightweight construction: socio-political background, governmental (European) strategies, ecobalance, need for recycling and circular economy, marketing issues
- Definition of Lightweight design and strategies, design process
- Construction guidelines in lightweight product development
- Materials knowledge related to properties and processes
- Health and safety issues
- Manufacturing specifics, cost-value ratio
- Supply chain: definition of criteria to identify reliable suppliers
- Planning and management