Short Course on Resources Management
22 October 2019 at 08:30 - 17:00
This intensive short course provides the know-how and insight required for policy leaders in the public and private sector to work towards better management and governance of oil, gas and mineral resources and contribute to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals. At the end of the course, the participants will be able to use the United Nations Framework Classification for Resources (UNFC) as a resources’ management tool.
The course will have two sessions:
Session 1: Framing the use of UNFC in policy formulation
Host: Vitor Correia
- Understand the minerals and the oil & gas value-chains;
- Understand cyclical commodity trends, the commodity cycle and the finance cycle;
- Understand the impact of climate change and the energy transition on the extraction of resource
Session 2: Using the United Nations Framework Classification for Resources as a resource management tool
Host: Hari Tulsidas (tbc)
- Understand what the UNFC is;
- Understand UNFC specifications, and how to bridge from different natural resources classification and reporting systems into the UNFC;
- Learn how to use the UNFC, and its expanded version, the United Nations Resource Management System (UNRMS) as a resources’ management tool.