RawMaterials University Day 2019 in Espoo
2 October 2019
The RMUD will form part of the EIT Festival organised in Otaniemi, Espoo, Finland as one of the official side events of Finland’s EU Presidency, where EIT RawMaterials, EIT Digital, and EIT Food will all be present. The event will take place in multiple locations across Aalto University’s Otaniemi campus. The main theme of the event is Circular Economy as well as Substitution and Recycling.
Planned activities include:
- Science Expo & Lab Tours
- Materials Matter Art & Science Exhibition displayed at the Finnish EU Presidency at Finlandia Hall. The exhibit is accessible to the public and attractive to students of all ages.
- Interactive activities with Aalto Junior, introducing and testing some experimental tools developed via the EIT RawMaterials Education Project RM@Schools
- Novel discoveries – info stands and lab tours aimed at the general public describing: fundamental science, structured and light-weight materials, textiles, biocomposites, food applications, energy harvesting, nanophotonics, and optoelectronics
- Pitch talks, posters & meet-and-greet the researchers
- 1-hour Lab Workshops for high school students at four different locations – hands-on experiences including the Functional Materials: ChemArt lab, process control towards further automation at the Aalto Industrial Internet Campus (AIIC), and process design for the Circular Economy at the Aalto Junior Lab