RawMatCop Academy 2019: Copernicus for Raw Materials, Discover the Potential!
17 - 20 June 2019
Raw materials are essential for human development and to fuel a future based on a decarbonized and circular economy. Yet, several key challenges in the supply of mineral resources are their availability and the social and environmental impacts of their exploration, extraction, processing, use and end-of-life. Earth Observation (EO) data and services from Copernicus provides a multiscale coverage of the Earth’s surface and can support smarter exploration, more efficient and cost-effective primary production and boost environmental impact monitoring across the raw materials life cycle.
The RawMatCop Academy 2019, Copernicus for RawMaterials, offers a hands-on approach and will show you how to unlock the power of Copernicus for your company, organization or research along the entire life cycle of raw materials. During the RawMatCop Academy 2019 you will have the opportunity to work directly with Copernicus’ Sentinel satellite data and open source software to demonstrate how it can be used for:
- Securing primary and secondary mineral and material resources needed to transition to a sustainable and circular economy, and
- Monitoring environmental impact and increasing safety.
- Lectures from experts from industry and the research community on how Copernicus can make exploiting primary and secondary raw materials more cost-effective, safer and help you comply with environmental legislation;
- Instruction on the basics of imaging technology, optical and active remote sensing, and using remote sensing in the raw materials context;
- Practical exercises in which you will work directly with Earth Observation data tools on case studies using Copernicus for raw materials exploration and environmental impact monitoring.
- R&D industrial managers across the value chain, from large industry but also SMEs and start-ups (e.g. exploration companies, mining companies, mining equipment manufacturers, etc)
- Senior management in industries across the value chain
- Development experts (professionals from government agencies)
- Scientists and researchers in EU and national governmental agencies
- Environmental experts
- Geoscientists (mining engineers, geologists, geomatics, geophysics, etc.)
- Doctoral and post-doctoral researchers.
The course is offered free of cost. All transportation, accommodation and subsistence costs will be covered by the RawMatCop programme.
Because of limited capacity, we are only able to invite 30 participants for the course. To apply, register here: https://www.lyyti.in/register_for_RawMATCop2019
The registration deadline is 19 April 2019.