- This event has passed.
EIT RawMaterials Community at GERRI Roundtable discussion: Can Europe afford to lose its metals?
26 February 2019 at 10:00 - 13:00
Towards an effective Circular Economy for raw materials
Is the European recycling infrastructure sufficient for providing metals and other raw materials in support of the business models of a Circular Economy (CE)? How can we secure the raw materials supply for production in Europe and enhance resource efficiency when dealing with scarce resources? Due to the pivotal role of metals GERRI will put a primary focus on this market sector.
On behalf of the German Resource Research Institute GERRI we are pleased to invite you to attend the first GERRI roundtable discussion on research, industry and markets issues within the European raw materials sector. It will be discussed, that if the resources and processing infrastructures are not present, the ideals of CE will not be realized. In other words, without a metals industry there will be no CE. Moreover, removing any metallurgical sector the Wheels of CE will stop turning.
Please register by 19 February 2019 here.
List of Participants
- Reinhard Bütikofer, MEP, ITRE, Green Party (co-chairman), member of the management board to the Green European Foundation (GEF)
- NN, MEP, to be confirmed
- Gwenole Cozigou, Director Dir C, DG-GROW, European Commission
- Kestutis Sadauskas, Director Dir B, DG-ENV, European Commission
- Peer Hoth, Head of Division, Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy
- Markus Reuter, Director Helmholtz Institute for Ressource Technology Freiberg
- Daniel Goldmann, Director Mineral and Waste Processing, Technical University Clausthal
- Peter Buchholz, Director German Mineral Resources Agency (DERA) at the Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources (BGR)
- Rudolf Stauber, COO Fraunhofer Project Group IWKS
- Hans-Jürgen Wachter, Exec. Vice President Technology & Scouting, Heraeus Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG & Board Member EIT RawMaterials
- NN, to be confirmed
- Christian Hagelüken, Director EU Government Affairs, Umicore AG & Co KG
- Charlotte Geerdink, Charly Speaks
More details about the GERRI Roundtable Circular Economy is available here.