Conference and Ideation: The Future of Raw Materials – related Higher Education in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
2 - 4 October 2019
EIT RawMaterials together with the University of Zagreb – Faculty of Mining, Geology and Petroleum Engineering (UNIZG-RGNF) and Montanuniversität Leoben invite you to the
The Future of Raw Materials Higher Education Conference and Ideation
The event will take stock of the current status of higher education and its role of fostering innovation in the field of raw materials exploration, mining and processing. The event will set the ground toward Europe’s and the ESEE (East and South-East Europe) region digital transformation and how digital pedagogy can help with that in parallel with the growing importance of University – Business cooperation in tackling Knowledge Triangle Integration (connecting industry, research and higher education).
The ESEE Region has been identified as an EIT RawMaterials priority outreach area from the very beginning. It has unique raw materials potential including:
- the availability of various resources (both primary and secondary)
- specific industrial history with state-owned enterprises
- geopolitical situation and importance
Recognising this importance and in order to build a bridge between raw material related higher education of the ESEE Region and other parts of Europe, sharing the synergy between the two events and kindly invite you to:
- Meet key experts and fellow educators and share your experience and vision about the current status and the future of raw material related higher education.
- Learn about digital pedagogy and methods as well as how to integrate them to your everyday teaching practice and use them to develop digital skills of students.
- Practice how can you develop and implement better University-Business Cooperation for the benefit of your local ecosystem and community.
- Share and develop your idea and practice to enhance the innovativeness of the ESEE region by deploying and transferring them.
The Future of Raw Materials Higher Education Conference and Ideation will be followed by
11th ESEE Dialogue Conference – Sustainable Resource Use – Tailings, Wastes, Slags
The ESEE Dialogue Conferences are a major raw materials conference series for East and South-East Europe that have successfully addressed issues in the raw material sector in eight countries in the last four years. Integration into the EIT RawMaterials innovation community, policy framework, education development, resource efficiency and innovation along the raw materials life cycle are the main topics of the conference. Join the Conference and:
- Network with experts from the field of Sustainable Resource Use – Tailings, Wastes, Slags and compete with your project ideas (for non-EIT RawMaterials partner organisations from the ESEE region).
- Present an innovative project idea at the Project Idea Competition and have the chance to win valuable prizes.