Explore 2021: Roundtable on Greater Transparency for Social License to Operate in Mining
12 October 2021 at 14:00 - 14:25
Greater Transparency for Social License to Operate in Mining
On 12 October, EIT RawMaterials joins Explore 2021 conference to discuss the role of Earth Observation for the achievement of Social License to Operate. This roundtable discussion will bring together leaders from the public, private and non-profit sectors to explore how increased transparency can help strengthen trust amongst stakeholders, increasing credibility and helping remove perceived sectoral opacity.
- Gerardo Herrera, Policy Officer DG GROW, European Commission
- Patrick Nadoll, Senior Advisor – Exploration and Resource Assessment, EIT RawMaterials
- Cathryn MacCallum, Director, Sazani Associates
- Oscar Friedel, VP Business Development & Operations, Kayrros
- Irene Benito, Earth Observation Evangelist for Raw Materials, FIRE Project
The session is part of Explore 2021, Planet’s yearly user conference gathering industry thought leaders, customers, partners, end users, and developers for two days of learning, networking, and reflection.