Metal Recovery Webinar: An Efficient Example of Integrated Leading Technologies for Cobalt Recovery
30 April 2019 at 11:00 - 11:50
Currently, the EU imports about 65% of its cobalt (approx. 10,000 tons/year) and only 35% is produced from secondary sources, such as the recycling of spent batteries, super-alloys and hard metals; as result, the European Commotion considers Co as Critical Raw Material.
The Crocodile project is a perfect and efficient example of integrated leading technologies for Cobalt recovery: different Co-bearing sources (like Lithium batteries, Electric Vehicle-batteries and cobalt catalysts) are processed into a high-quality cobalt concentrate by applying a unique combination of advanced mechanical, wet mechanical and pyro-metallurgical process. This project aims to drastically reduce the supply risk of cobalt for the European industries by increasing the efficiency of recovery processes for cobalt.
The webinar will have the following structure for the 50’ of duration:
- 10’ Why cobalt?
- 30’ The Crocodile project: its aims, activities and benefits
- 10’ questions and answers
The objectives of this webinar are:
- Understanding the importance of recovery CRMs for EU Economy (study case on cobalt)
- Understanding the importance of advanced technologies and integrated approaches in the CRMs recovery: Crocodile Project represents a perfect example using processes with lower energy costs and environmental impacts and combining technologies in a compact commercial mobile system.
- Learn Innovative Pre-treatment and Chemical Treatments (as solvent extraction and electro-winning, etc.)
People who are conscious of critical raw materials in terms of technologies and economic strategies. University students that want to have a wide-ranging vision on chemical treatments for metal extraction and physical and chemical pre-treatment. Researchers and employees of industrial companies that want to improve their knowledge and stay tuned on European Community Actions.