CIRCUIT Stakeholder Workshop
10 October 2019 at 10:00 - 16:00
The CIRCUiT, innovation project supported by EIT RawMaterials, assesses the needs of cities in their transition to circularity. In this stakeholder workshop, the needs analysis will be discussed with key stakeholder organisations, cities and researchers. Lessons learned from previous projects and activities will be gathered to establish a set of priority issues that are essential in the implementation of circularity at the city level. The results will provide strategic guidance to EIT RawMaterials in the development of its ambition to support innovation and education.
The results of this work will have great relevance for the development of the Lighthouse Circular Societies, the Call for Innovation Projects (KAVA Call 7) and future Cross-KIC initiatives in the field of Circular Economy. Therefore we would like to invite you as an EIT RawMaterials partner to join in the discussions.
We invite you to take part in our stakeholder workshop, on Thursday, 10 October 2019 in the EIT House in Brussels (10:00-16:00). The workshop is registered as a side event to the European Week of Regions and Cities.
The event is free of charge. Participation is final only upon confirmation by the organisers.
At the workshop we expect you to participate in a round table discussion on the possible role of EIT RawMaterials in the field of circular cities. Below you will find a draft agenda.
- Welcome, introduction to the project and workshop – ENEA, project coordinator
- Introduction, presentation of Lighthouse Circular Societies and context of the project – EIT RawMaterials
- Results of activity analysis and ‘opportunity map’ – Tecnalia
- Which projects/organisations do what?
- Main learnings of recent projects
- Identification of blind spots concerning innovation and education that (could) fall within the scope of EIT RawMaterials
- Stakeholders: present running activities
- Workshop in smaller groups
- Identification of needs and gaps, confronting running projects with role and capacity of EIT RawMaterials
- Panel debate: blind spots in CE for cities – the possible role of EIT RawMaterials with representatives of projects, ECERA, EIT RawMaterials partners and stakeholders
- Conclusions by VITO