The EIT RawMaterials General Assembly has approved a new Chairperson and five new members to the Executive Board of the EIT RawMaterials, an extension of the mandate of one member has been approved as well.
New Chairperson Prof.Emmo Meijer will succeed Dr Jan-Eric Sundgren who has stepped down at the General Assembly Spring on 7 May 2019.
Dr Jan-Eric Sundgren, former Chairman of the EIT RawMaterials Executive Board, said: ‘’A very warm welcome to the new Chair and five new Board members. The EIT RawMaterials Community will benefit hugely from their strong business, research, academia and innovation background, helping us to strengthen the raw materials sector in Europe.’’
Prof. Emmo Meijer has an extensive (over 30 years) experience in R&D, strategy, innovation and management. Previously, Chief Technology Officer of DSM and Senior Vice President of Research and Development at Unilever, Prof. Emmo Meijer is currently amongst others Chairperson of the Dutch top Sector for Chemistry. Prof. Meijer is an Honorary Member of the Royal Dutch Chemical Society. He studied Chemistry at the Free University of Amsterdam and gained a PhD in Biochemistry in 1979.
Elected by the EIT RawMaterials Nomination Committee and approved by the EIT RawMaterials General Assembly, new Chairperson and five new members are:
- Chairperson: Prof. Emmo Meijer, emeritus part-time Professor, Eindhoven University of Technology, Chairman Dutch Top Sector for Chemistry
- Prof. Michael Hitch, Professor of Mining, Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech)
- Dr Anna Hultin Stigenberg, Vice President Strategic Research, RISE
- Dr Marie-Axelle Gautier, Vice President Public Affairs, ERAMET
- Dr Egbert Lox, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, Umicore
- Dr Jens Gutzmer, Director Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology
Remaining members are:
- Carlos Rich, Strategy Officer and Director International Division, Atlantic Copper;
re-elected for one year
- Vice Chairperson Chair: Prof. Luc Moens, Professor in Chemistry, Ghent University
We would like to thank the former Chair Dr Jan-Eric Sundgren and the following members of the EIT Executive Board for their strong contribution over the years. We wish them all the best in their future endeavours!
- Chairperson: Dr Jan-Eric Sundgren, Senior Advisor, The Swedish Association of Engineering Industries
- Dr Hans-Jürgen Wachter, Executive VP New Business, Technology & Scouting, Heraeus Deutschland
- Dr Anne-Christine Ritschkoff, Senior Advisor, VTT
- Dr Åsa Sundqvist, Senior Vice President Technology and Process Development, LKAB
- Dr Gregor Brodt, VP Global Development, BASF Group
The EIT RawMaterials Executive Board serves as the Steering Board, entrusted with steering the core activities of EIT RawMaterials. The Board approves the portfolio of projects and the annual business plan of EIT RawMaterials.