Our Founding Board was created in summer 2018, and it’s now time for us to go to the polls! We are looking for Alumni members who would like to take an active role in the future of EIT RawMaterials Alumni by becoming members of the Alumni Board. Working together with our Alumni Manager, you get to make key decisions on the direction of our network.
This is your chance to shape EIT RawMaterials Alumni and make sure your voice is heard!
The Alumni Board holds 3 face-to-face meetings per year and keeps in touch via regular phone calls. In addition, you get to play a pivotal role in planning the key events in our calendar, such as Company Challenge and EIT Alumni CONNECT.
The new Board members will be decided on by the Alumni members themselves, in an anonymous online election which will take place in the week beginning 13 January 2020. All Alumni members (those who are signed up to the mailing list) will be eligible to vote.
We’re looking for nominations for President, Industry Chair, Treasurer, Events Officer and Marketing Officer, so if you are interested, you have until 5 January 2020 to submit your nomination (General election regulations).
Here’s a short overview of the expected responsibilities.
- Oversees strategic and coordination operations, links to EIT RawMaterials and EIT Alumni.
- Chairs Alumni Meetings and attends meetings of the EIT Alumni Board.
- Prepares the meeting agenda and strategy for the board meetings.
- Acts as the public face of the EIT RawMaterials Alumni by presenting at events and conferences.
- Main representative for outreach to industry partners to form collaborations.
- Mapping the industrial partner network and targeting companies, in conjunction with Alumni Manager and other EIT RM staff
- Attendance at key industry events/networking
- The Industry Chair role must be held by an Alumni member who is currently employed at a company or working on a start-up.
- Maintains overview of the budget
- Gives a financial update every meeting
- Maintains an overview of KPIs
- Has a regular call with Alumni Manager to coordinate on spending
- Oversees external and internal marketing and develops a marketing strategy in conjunction with Alumni Manager
- Responsible for initiating regular communication formats
- Webmaster of the online platform, in conjunction with Alumni Manager.
- Responsible for developing events strategy, in conjunction with Alumni Manager
- Oversees logistics and execution of Alumni-run events
- Helps to pinpoint external events that are important for our members
Nominations are open from Monday 9 December 2019 until 5 January 2020 at 23:59. If you would like to stand for one of these positions, you can nominate yourself via our online form: eitrm.eu/AlumniBoardElection. You will be required to submit a short statement (no more than 300 words) or upload a video (no longer than 2 minutes) telling us why you think we should vote for you!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.