TravelEx is a wider society learning project dedicated to raise awareness on underground resources.
Setting up a travelling exhibition providing easily accessible and general information on the importance of raw materials to the society and in particular children aged from 8 to 14-17.
The solution (technology)
Through an immersive environment (as a mine décor for example), high technology workshops (like augmented reality and virtual experiments) and also hand-on workshops and experimentations, the visitors becomes aware of where metals can be found, how to extract them, and which common devices they are absolutely necessary to do so. Generally, the exhibition provides a critical view on possible shortages in the future and the necessity to improve techniques on exploration.
- Université de Lorraine, France (Lead Partner)
- BRGM, France
- Eesti Kaevandusmuuseum SA/Estonian Mining Museum, Estonia
- Tallinna Tehnikaülikool (TTÜ Tallinn University of Technology), Estonia
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa (New University of Lisbon – FCT NOVA Faculty of Sciences and Technology), Portugal
- University of Oulu, Finland
- Czech Geological Survey, Czech Republic