PM Life is a Lifelong training on Powder Metallurgy organised by the European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA) and some of its members.
Delivering a training programme to develop the future of powder metallurgy and help professionals seeking for career opportunities in this field.
The solution (technology)
The course will offer learners the chance to either attend the full five-week programme to learn about the whole industry, or chose individual modules to deepen their knowledge in certain areas. Each week will take place in a different country (Sweden, France, Spain, the UK, Germany) and will consist in both basic and advanced courses on powder metallurgy related topics. They include topics such as materials science, engineering, entrepreneurship, case studies in factories or universities and a plant visit. Following the training weeks, a three-week internship will be proposed to the participants either in a factory or in a university, to practice what they have learnt during the course in a relevant workplace. A certification will be delivered by EPMA after the completion of the training and after passing an exam.
- Institut polytechnique de Grenoble (Grenoble Institute of Technology, INP), France, (Lead Partner)
- Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Universidad Carlos III of Madrid, Spain
- Università degli studi di Trento, Italy
- Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria
- Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- European Powder Metallurgy Association (EPMA), the United Kingdom
- Hub Innovazione Trentino, Italy
- Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives, CEA (French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission), France
- Frauhofer-Gesellschaft, Germany
- Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC), the United Kingdom
- Höganäs AB, Sweden
- Sandvik AB, Sweden
- ERAMET, France
For more information about the PM Life training programme, please visit the project website.