The 5 ECTS credits doctoral course on ‘Modern process data analytics by case studies on mineralogy driven control of the production chain from mine to products’ (MIDICON) will provide an introduction to the modern data analytics and tools, focus on their application to the control of the industrial minerals processing chain – and, prompt student to assess business opportunities from new applications of data analytics in the raw materials sector.
The course is supported by EIT RawMaterials funding. Course leader: Professor Sirkka-Liisa Jämsä-Jounela, Aalto University, Finland.
The solution (technology)
- Kick-off event combined with the 3-day-MIDICON workshop in Cornwall southwest England (UK): 4-6 April 2017. Site visit to the Imerys’ Kaolin production plant in Par Moor. Imerys’ activities in Cornwall focus on Kaolin (China Clay) extraction and processing with the UK being the world’s 3rd largest producer and exporter of Kaolin.
- Online lectures on entrepreneurship in the industrial minerals sector and data analytics
- A 3-day MIDICON Summer camp in Aalto University (Finland): 29-31 August 2017
Application is required. Please click here to apply.
Enrollment deadline is 31 January 2017.
Course costs will be mostly covered by EIT RawMateruals funding including course fee, lunches, reasonable travel costs, and accommodation for three nights during the Workshop and Summer Camp. Detailed information will be delivered to the accepted participants.
- Aalto University, Finland
- Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), the Netherlands
- Outotec Oyj, Finland
- PREDICT, France
- IMA-Europe, Belgium
For more information about the enrolment, please contact Leena Hauhio.
To fin out more, please visit the official website.