LightRight is a Lifelong learning project on materials for lightweight design.
Developing effective training modules for professionals (technical staff and managers), which provide them with relevant material knowledge for lightweight design.
The solution (technology)
Setting up awareness workshops for SMEs, involving technical staff and engineers as well as managers. These workshops provide the opportunity for participants to formulate their needs of specific professional trainings in order to be able to treat lightweight materials in the appropriate way. These data are collected and matched with existing professional training courses in composites, high strength steels and lightweight metals and to fill the existing training gap and offer a new perspective for industry.
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. (Fraunhofer), Germany (Lead Partner)
- Ghent University, Belgium
- Katholieke Universiteit te Leuven (KU Leuven), Belgium
- MONDRAGON GOI ESKOLA POLITEKNIKOA S. COOP. (MGEP), Spain
- Università degli Studi di Padova (University of Padova), Italy
- Zanardi Fonderie S.p.A, Italy
For more information, please check the official website of the project.