CEESIMP establishes a doctoral course for Circular Economy Entrepreneurship in System Integrated Metals Processing (SIMP). CEE-SIMP, a course supported by EIT RawMaterials, is aimed at Doctoral candidates interested in:
- Circular Economy of Raw Materials
- Sustainable Metals Production
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Identification of value-generating technological ideas in collaboration with industrial companies
- 6 ECTS credits
The solution (technology)
In the SIMP programme, a global unique grouping of leading Finnish companies exporting quality metal and technology products, address sustainability in a quantified manner. The objective of this five-year endeavor is to further improve the already low environmental footprint and to further increase its global competitiveness by integrating digitalisation and sustainability in a system integrated manner. The focus is specifically also on digitalising complex process models and making them operable in real-time in a gate-to-gate systemic plant environment.
Thus, the CEESIMP doctoral school focusses strongly on technology. The development of a growing understanding of a system integrated approach including expertise in digitalisation and sustainability for the metal industry is an essential part of the doctoral education within the SIMP program. In addition to the technical expertise on new systemic integrated metals processing, the graduated doctors should also have a new mindset for innovation, entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
A series of online lectures by world-renowned experts, on March – April 2018
- Project work based on real industrial cases April – June 2018, and
- Summer Camp, early August 2018 in Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland, Lappeenranta, in Eastern Finland, is a fantastic place to visit during summer and it has been ranked top of European Summer Schools (learn more here).
The application is open now
Enrolment deadline is 28 February, 2018.
- Aalto University, Finland (Lead Partner)
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT), Finland
- KU Leuven, Belgium
- Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Tallinn Technical University, Estonia
- Lund University, Sweden
- Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland
- DIMECC, Finland
- Outotec, Finland
For more information, please contact:Apply Now >