The objective of the 4L Alloy project is to promote sustainability in production, manufacturing and use of Light Alloys (Al- and Mg-based). This target will be achieved by an industry oriented Summer School in addition to in-field lab sessions at participating organizing partners.
The solution (technology)
It is expected that companies that attend the School will become more competitive through better products, by increased use of recycled metal, by less production scrap and waste and by a more sustainable production. The professionals and students attending the school will form new networks and partnerships where experience is shared. These partnerships and cooperation will benefit the whole light metal sector and will add value to the light alloy product manufacturers, to the users of their product and to society at large.
- Università degli Studi di Padova (University of Padova), Italy (Lead Partner)
- Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation, Spain
- Katholieke Universiteit te Leuven (KU Leuven), Belgium
- Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, KTH (Royal Institute of Technology), Sweden
- Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen (RWTH Aachen), Germany
- SAEN Srl, Italy
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), USA
For more information, please check the official website of the course.