Are you up for the Challenge?
Join us from 2-5 September 2019!
Company Challenge 2019 is an exclusive event for EIT RawMaterials Alumni in conjunction with EIT RawMaterials industry partner Atlantic Copper, the leading Spanish copper producer. Mineral resources underpin our modern society and are the key to a more sustainable future – help us in creating solutions to use them as efficiently as possible!
What can you expect?
- Spend an action-packed 48 hours in sunny Spain
- Tackle a real-life problem faced by Atlantic Copper
- Learn how to develop a market-oriented solution
- Work together in diverse teams
- Practise your pitching skills and present your ideas
- Have fun and get to know your fellow EIT RawMaterials Alumni
Who can enter the Company Challenge 2019?
Any member of EIT RawMaterials Alumni who is currently studying or has completed a Master’s programme in a science or engineering subject.
What will the Company Challenge 2019 cost me?
All the costs for participating in the Company Challenge 2019 are covered by EIT RawMaterials. This includes
- Travel from a point within Europe* to and from Huelva, Spain, where Atlantic Copper is based – you’ll travel there on Monday 2nd, ready for the 2-day challenge on Tuesday and Wednesday, and return home on Thursday 5th September.
- 3 nights’ accommodation in Huelva
- breakfast, lunch and dinner
- a visit to the Atlantic Copper plant
- fun team-building activities
* Alumni travelling from outside Europe may be granted a partial reimbursement of their travel costs
What is EIT RawMaterials Alumni?
Summer 2018 marked the founding of EIT RawMaterials Alumni. This organisation ensures that participants in the many and varied EIT RawMaterials activities, such as business idea competitions, start-ups, short courses and Master’s and PhD programmes, can continue to benefit from the community’s network after their involvement. It aims to conduct activities that meet the professional development needs of its members, while providing a platform for members to stay in contact with each other.
Who are Atlantic Copper?
Atlantic Copper is a Spanish company whose sole shareholder is the US global conglomerate Freeport-McMoRan, one of the leading natural resource companies in the United States. Freeport-McMoRan is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: FCX). It is the world’s second-biggest producer of copper and number-one producer of molybdenum and a significant producer of cobalt and gold.
Atlantic Copper’s main business is to produce high-grade refined copper from ore mined in various parts of the world. The extraordinary qualities of copper make it indispensable for the sustainable development of society. More than a million tons of ore are processed at the Huelva plant, to produce close to 300,000 metric tons of refined copper annually. Other industrial products are also produced, such as sulphuric acid, precious metals and iron silicate. Atlantic Copper directly and indirectly employs over 1,000 people and is a Core Partner of EIT RawMaterials.
To participate in the Company Challenge 2019, you must be a member of EIT RawMaterials Alumni (meaning you must have participated in an activity funded by EIT RawMaterials and signed up to our mailing list). You also must be currently studying or have completed a Master’s programme in a science or engineering subject.
To enter, fill in the registration form here:
Deadline for application is 30 June 2019 at 23:59 CEST.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.