From idea to start-up
Could your research support an amazing business idea? Apply to the Lab2Market programme to bring your scientific research from lab to market!
The EIT RawMaterials Lab2Market programme is open for Master’s and PhD students inspired to start their entrepreneurial journey that launches sustainable solutions for the raw materials marketplace.
The Lab2Market is designed for:
- EIT Labelled students, enrolled or recent graduates from the EIT RawMaterials Labelled Master’s programmes
- PhD students currently enrolled in raw materials-related field of studies at universities within Europe
- Teams from aforementioned Master or PhD student categories from any raw materials-related field of studies at universities within Europe
The Lab2Market aims to coach and mentor Master’s and PhD students to develop innovative solutions ready for market. The programme empowers future entrepreneurs to start new businesses, create new jobs and commercialise new technologies that will generate impact on the raw materials value chain.
Phase 1 – Ideation: From research & ideas to start-up concepts
- Educate participants on the principles of start-ups and introduce them to tools and methodologies for start-up concepts.
- Develop ideas for pressing industry challenges across the value chain: from exploration, responsible mining and mineral processing to recycling, substitution and a transition to a circular economy.
- Form a ‘dream team’ of like-minded peers and identify clear roles and responsibilities.
Phase 2 – Start-up Development: Accelerate the start-up concept
- Validate customer needs, market size and go-to-market strategy; identify regulations and other specific technical and market entry criteria.
- Validate the value proposition and complete the Business Model Canvas.
- Create a solid technical concept and a product roadmap.
- Complete a business plan and a team to support the next phase.
Phase 3 – Incubation: Launching a start-up
- Establish a start-up and register as a legal entity at the Chamber of Commerce and the Tax Authorities.
- Create a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
- Build a five-year financial forecast supporting/financing needs and strategy.
- Achieve first sales of products/services (could also be a pre-sale like a market test).
The application is open for Phase 1 and Phase 2.