EIT RawMaterials together with EIT Health and EIT Food seek Innovators of the Future with novel ideas that can make an impact.
EIT RawMaterials will help you develop your idea and turn it into a new business.
You will learn how to define a business model for your idea and prepare a preliminary business plan. Top five teams selected in each category will pitch their idea during the final ceremony to a jury consisting of industry partners. The winners will receive a prize and will be involved in various events organised by the EIT RawMaterials, and have an opportunity to network with the world’s largest community in the raw materials sector.
EIT RawMaterials aims at supporting new solutions in the fields of exploration, mining, and processing of raw materials as well as their manufacturing into products, recycling, and integration into a Circular Economy (including design and manufacturing of tools and equipment, smart products and services, end-of-life product management).
Metals and minerals are the main target of the EIT RawMaterials innovation community. Bio-based materials (energy, agricultural, polymers) are excluded, if not considered for the potential substitution of critical, toxic mineral or metallic materials or for optimised performance.
The Business Idea Competition of EIT RawMaterials is divided in two thematic categories:
1. Primary production of raw materials including:
- Exploration and raw materials resource assessment
- Mining in challenging environments
- Increased resource efficiency in mineral and metallurgical processes
2. Secondary production of raw materials including:
- Recycling and material chain optimisation for End-of-Life products
- Substitution of critical and toxic materials in products and for optimised performance
- Design of products and services for the circular economy
More information about the thematic categories is available in EIT RawMaterials Business Idea Competition 2018 Terms & Conditions.
How it works
The Business Idea Competition 2018 offers €1 000 of scholarship for attending the training boot camps followed by individual coaching to finalise the complete business plan for the final competition in which the best business ideas will be awarded up to €10 000 of grant for each sector.
- If you have a great business idea, please apply by filling in the online form by 8 April (the deadline extended).
- If your application is selected, you/your team will participate in a 2-day Business Planning Bootcamp, which will provide you with a unique cross-industry environment. The primary focus is on building a quantitative business model (revenues, financial planning etc.) You will also learn about how to build a business: how to build a team, business processes, organisational design etc.
- After the Bootcamp, you will participate in the next phase of the competition by getting further coaching/mentoring after which you can finalise and submit your complete business plan.
- The best teams with the best business plan will compete at the Joint Pitch Finals for a prize of up to €10 000 each.
The participants will be shortlisted to participate in the bootcamps based on their entrepreneurial motivation and the impact of their business ideas to the sector.